Generate random password.
How to use the Password Generator?
To use this password generator:
- Define the password length. We suggest at least 12 characters.
- Set the additional options. To generate a strong password, we suggest leaving all options turned on, however, you can turn off certain options such as special characters if a particular website does not allow their use.
- Click "Generate".
After clicking "Generate", your password should be generated. If it doesn't meet your expectations, you can click the button again until you generate a password that suits you.
Remember to make sure your password meets the criteria of a good password - you can read about them below.
What makes good password?
A good password should have the following characteristics:
- Should be at least 12 characters long. The longer the password, the harder it is to crack.
- Should contain a combination of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters. This makes it harder to guess or crack through brute force attacks.
- Should not contain easily guessable words or patterns. This includes common words, phrases, or personal information such as birth dates, names, or addresses.
- Should be unique and not reused across multiple accounts. This minimizes the risk of multiple accounts being compromised if one password is hacked.
- Should be changed on a regular basis, at least every 3-6 months. This reduces the chances of an attacker being able to use a stolen password over an extended period of time.
If you want to reduce the chances of your accounts being taken over, you can start using long, randomly generated passwords. If a particular website or application offers it, it's a good idea to use two-factor authentication (2FA) to further reduce the chances of your account being hacked, even if someone guesses your password.