Fuel Cost Calculator
Calculate the estimated fuel cost for a given route based on the average fuel consumption and the price per liter or gallon.
How to calculate Fuel Cost?
To calculate the fuel cost based on distance (miles), average fuel consumption (mpg), and price per 1 gallon, you can use the following formula:
- distance is the distance traveled in miles
- mpg is the average fuel consumption in miles per gallon
- price per gallon is the cost of 1 gallon of fuel in dollars
How to use Fuel Cost Calculator?
To calculate the estimated fuel cost:
- Enter the distance and its unit (e.g. 30 miles)
- Enter the average fuel consumption for your vehicle (e.g. 20 mpg)
- Enter the fuel price (e.g. $3.50 per gallon)
- Check your results: it should contain the total fuel price and fuel needed [e.g. 5.2 USD (1.5 gal)]
|Distance||Avg. fuel consumption||Fuel price||Total fuel price||Fuel needed|
|150 miles||25 mpg||$3.50 per gallon||21 USD||6 gallons|
|125 kilometers||8 l/100 km||$3 per litter||30 USD||10 liters|
|50 miles||18 mpg||$3.70 per gallon||10.3 USD||2.8 gallons|